It has been popular among young and old for a few years now; it has an exotic name and taste; it is take away but also home made. What are we talking about? The poké bowl of course.
Poké is a simple and complete dish. It is a big bowl in which, on a bed of vinegar rice, different ingredients can be added: diced marinated raw fish (usually salmon, octopus or tuna), seaweed, fresh and dried fruits, vegetables, etc. But not only that, we also tried couscous!
Poke Bowls in Italy have gained popularity for several reasons:
- They are healthy: Poke bowls are often considered a healthy and nutritious meal option. The combination of fiber and protein provides a balanced meal with lean protein, healthy fats and a variety of vegetables.
- They can be customized: poke bowls offer a high level of customization, allowing people to choose the ingredients, toppings and sauces they prefer.
- They contain fresh, tasty ingredients: poke bowls are often made with fresh, high-quality ingredients. Raw or marinated fish is usually the centerpiece, and combined with vegetables, herbs, and flavorful sauces, they create an explosion of flavors.
- They are very attractive: poke bowls are visually appealing, with colorful and neatly arranged ingredients. Their aesthetic presentation makes them popular.
- They are often convenient: poke bowls are often served as quick and convenient meals. They are commonly available in restaurants, food trucks, and even as take-out options.
Creative poke bowls with couscous
Although poke bowls traditionally consist of rice as a base, you can certainly experiment with different variations and substitute couscous for rice if you prefer. Here are our favorite poke bowls with couscous:
- Salty whole wheat couscous poké with tuna
- Pokè of couscous with chickpeas and avocado
- Sweet couscous poké with Greek yogurt